The long road trip starts today…
The ThinkCure auction is down to its final 48 hours and KABC is beating Inside the Dodgers.
The latest thing that is included in the Inside the Dodgers package is a behind-the-scenes look at the Dodger archives, where you never know what you might find. Perhaps a photo with the World Series trophy or running into a Dodger legend from the team’s history. No, we don’t store them in the archives! But they’re in the offices almost every day and we see them all the time, something “the other Josh” can’t lay claim to.
That’s on top of what’s already out there…
– Meeting Joe Torre and taking part in his pregame media session
– Spending about an hour in the clubhouse during pregame, where we interact with numerous players each day, including possibly dealing with potential Hall of Famers Greg Maddux, Manny Ramirez or Jeff Kent
– Standing on the field at Dodger Stadium for the National Anthem
– A private tour of the stadium, including areas that the public tour doesn’t go (underground batting cages, player’s lounge, Dodger offices, press box, broadcast booths, DodgerVision booth…remember, as an employee, my badge allows you to goes places where “the other Josh” from KABC can’t go!!)🙂
– I can’t make any 100 percent guarantees, but I’m going to quietly mention that just about every day of my job requires me to interact with all of the Dodger broadcasters, including Vin Scully, Jaime Jarrin, Rick Monday, Charley Steiner, Fernando Valenzuela, Pepe Yniguez and Steve Lyons.
– Your name in the daily notes that are distributed to the media for a one-of-a-kind souvenir
AND IT’S ALL FOR CANCER RESEARCH. I think I might have mentioned that a few times.
My final plug would simply be to say that if this package were known to a much wider audience, I get the feeling it would be going for thousands of dollars. But, it’s basically only known to the small community here on ITD and the audience of DodgerTalk.
Here’s tonight’s lineup: