It’s a 12 o’clock game here to finish out the homestand and a win would be great to send the team off on a 10-game road trip. Six out of 10 in a homestand is good, but seven is a lot better.
As for the ThinkCure auction, it’s still going and there are just three days left.
Here are just some of the things you’ll get if you bid on this package:
– Meeting Joe Torre and taking part in his pregame media session
– Spending about an hour in the clubhouse during pregame, where we interact with numerous players each day, including possibly dealing with potential Hall of Famers Greg Maddux, Manny Ramirez or Jeff Kent
– Standing on the field at Dodger Stadium for the National Anthem
– A private tour of the stadium, including areas that the public tour doesn’t go (underground batting cages, player’s lounge, Dodger offices, press box, broadcast booths, DodgerVision booth…remember, as an employee, my badge allows you to goes places where “the other Josh” from KABC can’t go!!)🙂
– I can’t make any 100 percent guarantees, but I’m going to quietly mention that just about every day of my job requires me to interact with all of the Dodger broadcasters, including Vin Scully, Jaime Jarrin, Rick Monday, Charley Steiner, Fernando Valenzuela, Pepe Yniguez and Steve Lyons.
– Your name in the daily notes that are distributed to the media for a one-of-a-kind souvenir
And the latest…
After the game, my job includes opening the clubhouse to the media but there’s a 10-minute cooling off period where really the only people allowed in that area are club employees and the actual team. So, if we win, it’s a celebration that no fans ever get to see. If we lose, it tends to be a much more quiet atmosphere and while I can’t promise a win, I can promise that you won’t forget the experience.
I’m going on the assumption that all of you are just waiting until the very end to start bidding, otherwise I just can’t imagine an opportunity like this going for so little money. And remember, it’s ALL GOING TO HELP FIND A CURE FOR CANCER.
Here’s today’s lineup: