175 Million Strong
Tonight we are also celebrating 175 million fans attending a Dodger game since 1901, which is an amazing number if you think about it. Consider the following:
– Odds of winning the lottery are 1 in 175 million
– According to the UN, 175 million people live outside their country of birth
– Americans eat 175 million eggs every year
– Consumers purchase more than 175 million roses for Valentine’s Day
– 175 million Americans are licensed to drive
– The population of Brazil is 175 million
– McDonald’s has 175 million visitors per week
– Dinosaurs roamed the earth for 175 million years
– There are 175 million internet users in the U.S.
– 175 million people worldwide speak French
– 175 million Americans have cell phones
– The most expensive comedy ever made is recent summer release “Evan Almighty” at $175 million
– There are 175 million profiles on Myspace.com
The moral of the story: don’t take this number lightly. You guys deserve to be commended for supporting this team through thick and thin and there are some great surprises in store tonight for those who are here.
For tomorrow’s Fourth of July game, as you can imagine we’ll be completely sold out and therefore, the parking lots are going to be very full, since we have to close one of the lots for the fireworks display. Because of that, we’re suggesting that you arrive early, as parking gates open at 4:10 for the 6:10 game and try to carpool with four or more to a car.
In addition, specially discounted $5 remote parking will be available in Lots 13 and 14 which are located on Stadium Way next to the Fire Academy Training Center.
Thanks for your cooperation and hope to see you out here tomorrow night.
Tonight, the team is trying to get over the hump…it’s the sixth time the team has been 11 games over .500 but yet to be 12 games over.
Here’s the lineup: